Erin loves to help decorate for Christmas so we keep doing a little bit at a time. One of the last boxes had the navity scene in it. I didn't put it out last year because it is ceramic and I didn't want it to get broken. Since Erin is older and does well leaving pictures alone, I wanted to put it out this year. As she helped me unwrap the figures, we talked about each one and tried to explain the story in a toddler version. When we got to baby Jesus, she wanted to put him on the table. After he was out, she decided that this was hers. She moved them all into a semi-circle around baby Jesus and brings him presents saying "I give baby Jesus presents". She is actually as careful as she can be and loves to walk over and talk to them. Once she gave baby Jesus presents, I decided that she could "play" all she wants. She kept telling me, baby Jesus not crying and waved her hand to all the people gathered around. We videoed it too. This is one of those posts where it is a glimpse of daily life with Erin because I am not able to adequately describe this one.


No comments:
Post a Comment