Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve!

The question of the day: How long could we wait to open presents...


The answer came after the cars were unloaded! Chipee couldn't say no!
This might be a good time to mention that no one besides her mother tells her no so we have a spoiled one in the making!

Chipee and Erin started fixin' things with the first present of the day, tools with a tool box. So, the funniest part has to be the orange skull cap, on Chipee. Just not a sight you see everyday!


Erin waiting patiently... well waiting at least.

This is also a good time to mention that toy companies hate parents-that is the only reason that they would pack things the way that they do. So it is only appropriate that if you give her something, you should also get to experience the opening of it! Erin is a really good helper!

I do love the fact that Erin loves her tools, but as Shane has pointed out about many of her toys-there are a lot of parts! I am getting very good at packing all the tools in her box since they come out frequently!


No sooner had the dust on the first present settled until Erin was asking to open another one! Gramma decided that one that used tools should be next. I think now is a good time to remember that this is Christmas Eve and these are the presents Gramma & Pops and Chipee and Betsy. They all decided that Erin would enjoy it more if she was able to open some before.... Mhmm.... Was that Erin or others would enjoy it more?

Erin is now the proud owner of a choo choo train table. She so lovinly adored the one at Barnes & Noble that she needed her very own!

With Erin leading the way, Chipee and Gramma put the table together. Shane decided watching someone else put together a table that comes in a flat box wasn't such a bad set up...



This one even called for a review of the directions. Erin was not the typical girl and thought she knew how it went without reading any directions. Don't worry-I will be teaching her!
The play table is the way to go for all the parts that go with a train-at least the mat makes it look like it is always a train. Erin has left the tracks together but the people, trees, buildings, cones, and signs are completely movable. I keep waiting for her to use them as cookies because she is a cooking baking fool. Ever since we made cookies for Santa and he ate them, she makes him cookies daily. You never quite know what shape they will come to you in!

Gramma helped put it all together! She probably doesn't want me to mention the big pack of pieces that the crane was in that she passed over...

So smiles make it all worth it!





Erin's coloring book holder. She really loved helping put it together. Again, I was amused by Gramma reading instructions and Erin just putting it together. I am not sure if I should be worried yet or not...



A Disney Princess scooter! What fun! She knew how to ride it so I really got a kick of it when she asked where the seat was! She may be more like her mother than anyone wanted!!!!


Again-happiness in smiles makes it all worth it! While there is not a picture of these, Aunt Betsy was a very good shopper with princesses. Cinderella panties are a big hit now that Christmas is over and I am posting this, I know that those are a big hit!


Cookies for Santa!

Since we have discovered the fact that rolling out and decorating cookies are the important parts, we got right to the fun stuff! Patting the cookies to leave fingerprints is a must and something that I have learned from Erin baking cookies. I always thought preserving the cookie cutter shape was important before-look what being a mom teaches you about important things!



Check out the amount of sprinkles-perhaps they should be called coverings when Erin uses them!



Betsy took the lead role in making sure that cookies were ready for Santa but that really meant she had to keep an eye on Erin.



The finished product. Erin is putting the last one she choose on the plate. It's almost time...

No comments: