Thomas made a yummy pumpkin pie so it still felt like Thanksgiving. While Daddy grilled the steaks, Cimmys and Erin discovered the pile of leaves. Now it is appropriate that the biggest kid in the whole world just happened to be there when she found the leaves...by accident, I feel sure...
The lake house is surrounded by hardwood trees that Pops would not allow to be cut down when the addition was built so the leaves pile us nicely by the steps and since there are so many, it is near impossible to keep up. Erin was really glad that they were there. I can't tell you how many pictures I took of her having fun. It was hard to limit since there were so many genuine smiles!
Erin loved just sitting in the big pile. There were a couple of pictures where only part of her head was showing and you could barely tell there was a little girl in there so I picked one where you could see her.
Walking, Sitting, Standing, Laughing, Throwing, the list for leaves goes on...
After romping through the big pile, it started to flatten and so the rake came out. It really made the leaves fly. Erin really, really liked it when Thomas "helped" her (that's code for Thomas doing the work while Erin holds onto the handle). It worked so much better that way!
Mom actually made it in the picture because Thomas was kind enough to think I might like to be in one!
I should probably note that Gramma was making the salad, Shane was grilling and Pops was blending while the kids played in the leaves!
I also wish that I had a picture of Cimmys and Thomas giving Erin her Christmas Penguin tervis tumbler mug with lid. When she drinks out of that, she has been known to say that mommy doesn't have one and Cimmys gave her this. You just never quite know what she will come up with next!
No comments:
Post a Comment