Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Patch at Washington Farms



These first two pictures should make you feel like you went with us to the pumpking patch. Erin is directing the show. Please notice the very nice pumpkin that Shane found and that Erin is pointing to another pumpkin that only she knows. For Erin, I think the best part of the day was being able to stomp through all of the plants. She was more interested in walking through the vines than she was in looking at the pumpkins.
Here is the negotiation... Erin wants both of these pumpkins, probably because she can pick them up. Shane and I were trying to put both back. She wouldn't stand for that. She finally picked one out and put it in the "cart".
Wouldn't you just love to know what she is thinking... She really wasn't interested in stopping for me to take pictures so most of them are action shots.
While we were taggin along after Erin picking out her pumpkins, a really cool cow train pulled by a tractor went by. I stopped to show Erin and then we hear Ms. Tammy, Gabby and Zoe all yelling hi to Erin. Erin was a little shy at first and then realized her friends were there and wasn't that so fun! Along those lines, we waited in line to ride the cow train and we it was our turn, Erin simply said, I don't want to ride. So, we walked through! Wouldn't it have been fun if Pops had been waiting in line with us! Erin loves to help and I really don't know how Shane and I ever accomplished anything before Erin could help us. Erin is pushing the "cart" but Shane didn't want to look like he wasn't helping you know. I believe that I have taught Erin to be a wonderful shopper since she is very familiar with a cart and how when you put things into the cart, they become yours and you can take them home. Good thing that it is Erin's world and we just live in it as her Uncle Chip would say!
I am going to take credit for finding this pumpkin with warts. It would really be impressive if Erin wasn't more interested in the dirt and vines all around her.
After the pumpkin patch, we headed to activities area with a petting zoo. After telling us nonstop about how she wanted to go there and point to the animals, we did and she wouldn't go near them. I don't think she was afraid but she certainly didn't want to touch them. There were bunnies in a cage and I thought for sure she would be interested in those since there is a Curious George episode with Bill feeding the bunnies. No such luck.
Please notice the hands behind her back at the pot bellied pig area. She only walked through because I was excited...

Now for the best part of the activities-a REALLY BIG SLIDE! It was the largest slide I have ever seen Erin go down and she loved it! I know it's not a great picture but you can at least get the idea.

Another Curious George connection...
George went through a corn maze and Erin was at least interested enough in the hay maze to go through with Daddy. She would have preferred to climb on the hay and run around but she humored us.

Since I have added a bunch of pictures already, I am posting the pumpkin patch experience but will add another post about adding the pumpkins to the scarecrow patch at home. There are several cute pictures from that so stay tuned...

No comments: