Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh What Promise...

In the drizzly rain that is a daily part of life, Erin was so excited to be singing at school tonight. Gramma and Pops drove in to meet us for dinner at Wendy's and then we headed to Erin's school.



After last year where Erin didn't sing, I took her to the stage so she could perhaps be more comfortable. We talked about how mommy's and daddy's were sitting in the audience. She laughed and played around with Alaina from her class.

I was hopeful after she conquered having her picture taken with Santa the previous weekend, that she would sing a little bit. She knew the songs, ESPECIALLY "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" where you are to swing your arm. It is actually supposed to be a dance movement, but it turned into a much more forceful motion. I was worried that she might knock someone over!

But I need not have worried...

In the extreme upper left corner, you can see my beautiful girl in tears.
She was so upset that her teacher, Ms. Joni held her through out the entire performance so this is the only picture I have of her on stage.
Seeing her everyday, I am surprised that she is that shy, even in a room full of strangers!
On the way home way, she talked about wearing the costumes that the 4 year old classes got to wear and how she would get to do that next year.
Gotta love a 3 year's old optimism!

No comments: