Friday, October 09, 2009

Washington Farms Fun

Washington Farms Pumpkin Patch in Watkinsville, GA has become our annual pumpkin destination. Erin and I had a furlough day on Friday so we talked Daddy into taking it off as well. It was a hot and sticky day so check out Erin's flushed cheeks!


Asking her to pose with the scarecrow was by far the easiest picture I had to take all day. That is actually a huge statement because she was all poses and smiled while at the pumpkin patch. She remembers from last year now so she had excitement from her memories. It's like a changing of the guard since I don't have to help build her up for all the wonderful experiences. She is growing up no matter if I like it or not!


This one is included so you can see how she is plotting the next activity. She ran from one thing to the next!


I can't decide if Erin was more excited watching the pink duckie race or if it was standing in the mud puddle with Daddy. I really didn't think she would stand in it since at the lake if she is wearing crocs or flip flops and they get wet, she takes them off to dry her feet. I explained that I didn't have a towel and she couldn't take them off, thinking that would stop her. From the obvious delight, I was wrong. The smile makes it all worth it, not to mention a few baby wipes when we got back to the car!


One of Erin's fond memories was this slide. Last year, since she was a wee bit more wobbly on stairs we walked up with her. This year, she did not spare us a glance as she walked up the stairs and then slide down without a fear!


Erin proudly walked the maze as we watched. She didn't even climb over the bales like last year! She did walk on them to practice her balance as she tells me at every opportunity with a curb!


So I see this big pit of corn and think germs and asthma nightmare...
Erin can't take off her shoes fast enough! The stairs to get into it were crowded with parents who thought there children didn't have to share so I took my time explaining manners to Erin loudly enough so someone would feel guilty enough to move. It worked and teacher Robyn did not have to come out. It was a close call...


As Erin is walking and giggling in the corn, I realize that my first concern should always be Erin's happiness even if it means that we have a runny nose! As it worked out, she didn't get worse after spending the day with the pumpkins so all of my worrying was put to waste. I like those kinds of worrys!


No comments: