Saturday, February 14, 2009

Erin's Party!

Saturday, February 14, 2009
Erin's Party Day... shared with Valentine's Day
Because I wouldn't want to spend a Valentine's Day with anyone but Shane and Erin, I planned her party on that day. I wanted to have more time to plan her party after the dust settled from Christmas. I learned a lesson that day, her favorite grown up friends didn't mind giving up Valentine's Day to spend it with Erin. Erin's friends and parents had other plans! So next year, I will look at the date with that in mind. I really appreciate everyone coming to celebrate with Erin. She had a fabulous time at her party with hot dogs, cake, ice cream, balloons and presents! All items were requests of hers!
In Erin's World, presents are the most important and exciting part of a party. As each guest arrived and added presents to the pile, she asked if she could open presents. She had given up on asking mommy and daddy since we kept telling her to wait for everyone to arrive. So she kept asking until she got the answer that she wanted!



So even though there isn't a picture of Erin in her pink dress here, it is most important to mention that she had a pink dress to start the party. As you read, you will see why I felt the need to mention it at first...



Paige was able to give Erin the first present of the day-a princess tea party set of course!





Next came the play-doh set... It makes hot dogs and hamburgers with molds to create all kinds of toppings. Quite entertaining after everything was opened. Chipee helped to create of course!
Polly Pocket car-like Barbies only smaller AND oh so many pieces to step on!



The gardening set-love this present because it means that someone-oh Cimmys- is going to teach her to dig in the dirt and then clean her up afterward-right?!?!



Stainless steel pots, pans and utensils, what every chef needs to create masterpieces in the kitchen!



Handy Manny-he now watches Erin fix everything with her tools. The funniest part of this was that she requested this from Gramma for weeks before her birthday.



So, I love this because it looks like she actually cares about the card. For those of you who witnessed this, you know that she didn't even glance at the cards!



Sometimes the shy comes out, she was exactly positive that she liked the singing and everyone looking at her at first. My girl came through and decided she liked after she got used to it!


Forever helping...

Mommy cuts the cake so Erin gets down and gets a knife to help.

Please notice the outfit of choice now...
Erin got a dress up Cinderella dress from her daddy which she wore for quite a while. After she wore it for a while, she decided to put on her jammies. No idea on this one. She was excited about her party dress so the jammies were a surprise. But as the saying goes, It's your party... Well she adapted that for her use, wonder who taught her that?


When the doorbell rang and I opened it for Erin, she exclaimed, "Daddy, that is so cool!" Then quietly asked, "what is it?"

Here is the top of the pink dress, this picture was much earlier in the evening!
So sad that I didn't get a picture of the table with the cake and the butterfly decorations. It was really cute if I say so myself! There were butterfly's hanging around the dining room to set the mood! At least you can see butterfly's and Tinkerbell on the cake.




Cute, random additional picture...

Since I planned Erin's birthday party for Valentine's Day, there were several friends who were not able to make it. Carson and Baby Joshua brought Erin her gift early so the Friday night before her party, she was baking muffins in her complete apron and chef hat!



1 comment:

Campbell family said...

Happy Brthday Erin!!! Love, Matt Suzanne and Colin