Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Future Decorator

When Erin heard me mention going to the basement to get the fall and Halloween decorations, she scrambled to her room to put on clothes! It amazes me how fast she can get dressed when she wants to, because she is a true piddle queen if I am in a hurry!



Since it was not yet October I thought I would put out the Halloween decoration and wait on the turkeys! You see the decision maker had other ideas. They became her dolls and she talked for them. I was waiting to see if she would dress them up like she does her baby dolls but she must have decided that no legs would make it difficult.


What does it say about Erin that she makes everything into a family?
I am going with a cuddly cute, little girl (which she would correct me into saying big girl, but she can't yet read to correct so I have a few more days of being right in print!!!) who loves those around her. She constantly surprises me with comments and memories about those close to her, even if it has been too long since we have seen them.



I wasn't able to capture the family under the pile of leaves... she did not want them disturbed since she was making their bed. The cutest part is that there are 2 larger gourds and 2 smaller baby ones under the leaves.



Since I wasn't going to have Thanksgiving at my house, I was looking forward to creating a fabulous fall centerpiece since it was so early in the season. As the saying goes, it was all over when Erin saw the leaves and the bag of mini gourds. I didn't even have time to get anything besides the candle you see in the picture before the leaves were being carefully placed with loving care around the table. So I stopped looking for items to use, grabbed the camera and watched in awe as she created the table decorations. I must admit that this might be my very favorite centerpiece ever!
I love how everything at home becomes an adventure when Erin is involved. She makes everything seem bigger and brighter and better. If Erin doesn't help me to become a better person than there is no hope for me! Erin remembers small details about fall decorations in the past, like the scarecrows but it doesn't dampen her excitement, it only causes more giggles!


No comments: